Although we have surpassed the required threshold of 68,000 signatures, we still need another 30 to 40,000 to make up for invalid ones. With the deadline approaching fast, it is crunch time. Thankfully, warmer weather is here and we are blessed with abundant events in April for gathering signatures. We need to step it up and get this done!
The event we need the most help with is Drive & Signs, particularly for the statewide event on April 15th and April 16th (Facebook Event Page)
What is a Drive & Sign? These events are when we set up a table, canopy & signs by a busy road and get people to stop their cars and come sign the petition.
On April 15th & 16th, volunteers all across the state will be setting up booths, which will be heavily promoted to the broadcast media, social media & the website. We need all the help we can get to have volunteers at multiple locations those days.
We have one location at XL Vapors in Springdale locked down, and are working on setting up additional ones. Ideally, we want many more additional Drive & Sign events. Toward that end, there will be one this Saturday April 2 at XL Vapors in Springdale from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We will also be gathering signatures at the following events:
- U of A campus (weekdays all month)
- Fayetteville Farmers Market (every Saturday from 7 am to 2 pm, early morning and late morning shifts)
- Springfest (April 16th from 10 am to 5 pm)
- Dogwood Festival (April 22-24, 30,000 expected attendance!)
- Joe Martin Cycling Race (April 21-24)
- Naturals Baseball Games
- Warm evenings on Dickson, especially when big shows occur at Georges, Walton Arts Center, etc.
More info at: http://www.arcompassion.com/