House Bill 3371 would regulate the commercial cultivation, processing, and retail sale of marijuana to adults over the age of 21 similar to alcohol. You can read the full text of this proposal here.
- Provides for regulation of production, processing and sale of marijuana and marijuana-infused products.
- Directs Oregon Health Authority to license marijuana producers, marijuana processors,
- marijuana wholesalers and marijuana retailers.
- Provides for taxation of marijuana production. Directs Oregon Liquor Control Commission to oversee taxation of marijuana.
- Provides for distribution of moneys collected as tax.
- Punishes violations of Act by $1,000 fine. Punishes certain other offenses by $650 fine.
- Limits applicability of crimes in this state related to manufacturing, distributing or possessing marijuana to person under 21 years of age or, for delivery of marijuana, to person who delivers marijuana to person under 21 years of age.
- Becomes operative on July 1, 2014.
Please take action and let your Representatives know that you support this sensible legislation using our action center below.
Note: this action is only available for Oregon residents.